Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ginger Kid Wobbles


I'm flushed with the smug-ness of achievement, for I made it!

Half marathon - 13.1 miles (c. 21km for those of you who work in "new money")
Reading
2 hours 21 minutes

OK, it's not a time Paula Radcliffe would be proud of, but then I didn't do "a Paula Radcliffe" and have a poo moment half way round, and so I have my dignity intact (relatively!).

But no story would be complete without a comedy Dobbo moment.... at about 10 1/2 miles, I tripped over a Cat's Eye and fell flat on my face on the A33, with my right knee basically taking the full impact. So I'm limping a little today, and (having a lot in common with Daleks) stairs are my deadliest enemy.

I'm not asking for sponsorship this time around (I'm saving that for the New York Marathon in November, as I'm pretty sure to get a place), but if anybody feels the need to make a donation to Macmillan Nurses or Cancer Research, I'm sure they won't say no....