Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oxfam

A rare change of tack...

Not meaning to blow my own trumpet here, rather to see if (amongst the relatively few readers of this thing - I do it more as a chronicle for myself!) there's anyone who fancies joining in next year.

I really enjoy the work I do as an Oxfam Steward at music festivals, as I get to meet a whole bunch of new people, have a great time, see loads of bands and raise some money for a very worthwhile cause. That's made all the better, having just received the following email:
"Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication this year. We have raised a fantastic £783,500 in 2007, significantly exceeding our own expectations, and we couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you!"
That's just over three quarters of a million pounds, from the stewarding crew at ten festivals in the summer. Amazing.

Anyone interested in joining the Oxfam Festival Stewards team for 2008, go to:
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/get_involved/stewarding/index.html