WARNING:
*Rare self-reflective public diary moan mode* ON
#Bank Holiday comes six times a day,
Days of enjoyment to which everyone cheers,
Bank Holiday with a six pack of beer,
Then it's back to work A-G-A-I-N#
(Blur, 'Bank Holiday')
Sorry lads, much as I love your work, I don't agree.
The thing for me is, at this time of year it becomes too hot and too sunshiney outside, with too much pollen (triggering my hayfever), too many flies and too many rugrats out in the park and the forest to get under your off-road tyres.
This weekend in particular, I also have too many aches & pains in my, ahem, 'hands, knees & bumps-a-daisy' - as a result of what is becoming known as my recent Norwegian Snowboarding Fail - to be able to enjoy my mountain biking or running so much.
The other thing is, I know I'm in the absolute minority for feeling this way (but check my pic if you don't know me... okay a few years back now, but I'm ginger and have fair skin).
One saving grace for this weekend: new Red Dwarf on DAVE. Now off to re-watch Blade Runner, in anticipation of all 3 new episodes of Red Dwarf, and the Making Of, being screened again a little later.
Right, preparing to enter partial hibernation until late September. Or perhaps for that move to Norway...
Rant over.