Thursday, November 10, 2011

Looking back, I suppose I can see the funny side

But I HATE shopping (thanks to my Mum abandoning me in many shopping centres, and even more branches of Marks & Spencers, as a young 'un whilst she "got her fix"), and being accidentally somehow trapped in Westfield Stratford was actually a bit traumatic.

Here's yesterday's Twitter timeline:

Shiiit, when did Stratford DLR turn into 5 stations? Now I'm lost in here. Send re-enforcements (@Westfield Stratford City) http://t.co/eVYSTAhk Wed Nov 09 18:24:04 +0000 2011

Ah, bookshop. Shopping centre induced panic attack subsiding. Temporarily (til I try to leave...) (@ Foyles) http://t.co/rOe2CVhe Wed Nov 09 18:28:42 +0000 2011

I just unlocked the "Jobs" badge on @foursquare! http://t.co/bsnlJ2gl Wed Nov 09 19:08:23 +0000 2011

Seriously, am stuck in Westfield. Can't find another exit. Or a map. Just went to Apple Store for t'internet, but the Macbooks aren't online Wed Nov 09 19:21:10 +0000 2011

This 'exit the station through the shopping centre' ploy is a wrong 'un. There are no exit signs. No clear escape routes #trappedinwestfield Wed Nov 09 19:27:15 +0000 2011

@nickminers THERE AREN'T ANY EXIT SIGNS!!!!!! Wed Nov 09 19:27:39 +0000 2011

@Arthur_Pie which end?! #trappedinwestfield #nobastardsignage Wed Nov 09 19:28:30 +0000 2011

@nickminers it's like a waking nightmare. I HATE shopping #trappedinwestfield Wed Nov 09 19:29:09 +0000 2011

@_KaraJ_ keep losing the signal. Too many people here! You couldnt make this shizzle up! Wed Nov 09 19:31:15 +0000 2011

Keep losing 3G signal cos of the amount of people here, so can't get a map on my mobile #trappedinwestfield Wed Nov 09 19:33:39 +0000 2011

Found a decent shop (and the 3G signal is stronger). Time to compose myself #trappedinwestfield (@ HMV Westfield) http://t.co/OvAWLP2O Wed Nov 09 19:37:17 +0000 2011

The only signs here (that don't say 'toilet') are emergency exit signs. I can see myself breaking out Father Ted style #trappedinwestfield Wed Nov 09 19:48:01 +0000 2011

Thanks to the lady on the till in HMV...I AM OUTSIDE. No longer #trappedinwestfield. Apparently there are many complaints re lack of signage Wed Nov 09 19:56:54 +0000 2011

@Arthur_Pie @nickminers cheers lads. Out safely & having a beer in the Picturehouse bar. Actually got a bit panicky there. I HATE shopping Wed Nov 09 20:15:04 +0000 2011

@ashopaholic awful place. Not even worth playing with cool lights Wed Nov 09 20:16:13 +0000 2011

Westfield Stratford is an awful place, and a ridiculous rabbit warren. No signs except toilets & emergency exits in the malls Wed Nov 09 20:17:25 +0000 2011

I know it's designed to make you stay & spend money, but no store guide? Bet the anchor tenants aren't pleased. I didn't even see John Lewis Wed Nov 09 20:19:26 +0000 2011

@richpinabruzzo cheers. Am slightly traumatised, but now having a Leffe in the Picturehouse bar to calm down Wed Nov 09 20:21:20 +0000 2011

I was only #trappedinwestfield by accident. Got confused by the new DLR stations, but thought Int'l would be linked to the mainline station Wed Nov 09 20:24:50 +0000 2011


Safe to say I shan't be going back to Westfield in a hurry. Still, I think I amused a few people...!