Monday, June 04, 2007

Wychwood Festival, Cheltenham Racecourse

First festival of the season, and a nice, small friendly festival in glorious weather wasn't a bad way to start the summer. Headliners were the Levellers, Fun Lovin' Criminals and Afro-Celt Soundsystem.
The Digital Funfair was one of the best sideshows I've seen for years. They had a 'Virtual Coconut Shy', which I excelled at. They'd attached sensors to beaten-up old TV's, and you could choose who to throw your hacky sacks at. I chose James Blunt, and promptly threw every projectile I could find in the general direction of the 'You're Beautiful' video.
The lady running it said she'd never seen the hacky sacks thrown so hard or intently. I say Blunt deserves it!!
Watching the sun rise through the haze over the tipis, after staying up all night, was a peaceful vision.
And there's the usual line of festival-t-shirts-I-wish-I'd-bought, plus some light poi making lovely patterns in the night sky.