Sunday, December 09, 2007

Finnish fingses...

The 'Happy Jazz Club' in Helsinki. Happy? Are you sure they were actually doing jazz...?!?

Token Arty shot (!), taken of the Finlandia concert hall, through a children's snowflake cutout in a museum window...

Then off for the weekend to Emmi's parent's "summer" house, a couple of hours' drive north of Helsinki.
Absolutely gorgeous. I want to live here, and I want a summerhouse of my own : )
Out in front of the main cabin, as we build the fire and put the Gloggi on, the misty dusk descends across the ice...
Possibly the greatest view from a toilet window. Ever!


The view out across the lake from the sauna:



Down to Lahti the next day. FC Kuusysi Lahti appear to have a "ski in, ski out" football stadium at this time of year... genius!


Here is a sad manifestation of global warming. It seems, in this day and age, that you have to go ski-jumping on a simulator inside a museum!!


I managed 95 metres, and only "died" once.