Sunday, October 24, 2010

Formula 1 & early starts

I had a thought about why I get up early to watch F1(I know a lot of people think I am stark staring mad!).

It reminds me of the episode of 'Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads' when Terry and Bob spent a day avoiding the England football score so they could watch the match on TV that night.
(I can't find a clip. But shame on you if you don't know what I'm talking about: Brit comedy classic!).

Also when my Dad was on a course at the time of the RAC Rally. He spent 4 days avoiding rally news. (To be fair, not hard as retail conference delegates and rally fans don't overlap much. Plus it was 1993 so he only had to remember not to go on Teletext!) Just a shame he forgot to tell me, and I excitedly filled him in the second he got through the front door...
( Juha Kankkunen won if you can't remember (or are vaguely interested).

The point being it's hard to avoid and people don't exactly help (particularly those like who take delight in winding you up with false information). In these days of connectivity, intelligent web browsers and Twitter it's actually just not going to happen.
So I forefit sleep and watch the races live. I can always nap later...